As you are aware, raising kids is expensive. The food, diapers, brand new wardrobe every season (at least for the younger ones)... it all adds up. And that's without considering unexpected expenses like an injury, sickness or another diagnosis that requires prescription medication!
The cost of medications, plus everything else, can really put a strain on a family's finances. But, despite what you might believe, there are ways to shop smart and save on prescription medications.
This post is sponsored by SingleCare, however, all opinions are my own. Please see my disclosure for more information.
Here are a few ways that you can save on your kids' prescription medications:
1) Ask your doctor for options.
According to the FDA, "when multiple generic companies market a single approved product, market competition typically results in prices about 85% less than the brand-name". That is a huge savings. Don't hesitate to ask for a generic brand! Another way you can save is by asking your doctor for options. Terry Bay of Senior Patient Advocates suggests that you ask your doctor for the top three choices when being prescribed a prescription drug. The reason being, copayments can vary greatly from one drug to the next. So, you might end up paying more money.
2) Ask for samples.
Did you know you can ask your doctor for a sample of the prescribed drug? If it's a brand-name, chances are your doctor has samples. Go ahead and ask to make sure you or your child tolerate it before purchasing the full prescription!
3) Use SingleCare Coupons.
Even after you've done your part to get the lower priced prescription, it still can be expensive. You can get an even better deal, by saving up to 80% with SingleCare coupons. Yes, I said coupons! SingleCare offers discounts an over 50,000 prescriptption medications nationwide.
Here's how it works:
- Search for your prescription.
- Compare prices.
- Print, text or email a savings coupon.
- Save at the pharmacy
Here's a few more facts about SingleCare:
- The SingleCare savings card is accepted nationwide at more than 35,000 pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Longs Drugs, Walmart, Kroger, Fry's, Harris Teeter, Walgreens, Duane Reade and more.
- Using SingleCare is easy. Once you've located the pharmacy with the best savings near you, all you have to do is present your card when you go to the pharmacy.
- SingleCare makes searching for your prescription even more convenient with their app, available on both iOs and Android.
- You can save an average of 50% on your prescription medications with SingleCare.
- SingleCare is absolutely FREE. No hidden costs or membership fees.
The best part about SingleCare is that you don't only save on prescription medications. SingleCare also offers a savings on dental and vision, too. All you have to do is search their site or app for your procedure, compare prices and save (up to 55% on dental and 75% on vision).
There are definitely options out there for saving money, not just on prescriptions, but other medical services as well. I love that SingleCare is making these savings available in a way that is convenient for busy moms! For more information, make sure you check out SingleCare's website!