It only took a little over a month but it's finally feeling like it here where I live (insert happy dance)! I really love fall. In fact, it was the only thing I really missed when I lived in Hawaii. Oh... and probably my family, too.
There are so many things to love about fall but I've narrowed it down to 5 of my favorites. In no particular order.
(This post contains affiliate links and a review. Though, I received a product in exchange for my review, all opinions are my own. Please see my disclosure for more information.)
1. The weather. I really love stepping outside into the brisk fall air and taking deep breaths. It's incredibly therapeutic to me. I also love the changing colors of the leaves and the rain... as long as I don't have to be out in it!
2. The clothes. I totally dig fall attire - yoga pants, leggings, sweaters, light jackets (I don't much care for the bulky winter jackets), ponchos, plaid shirts... plaid anything. Fall fashion is all around, pretty comfortable - even the dressier fashion - and there's great coverage, too, for those of us that need a little extra covering up!
3. The food. Perhaps this is the real reason I love the yoga pants and sweaters, I really love the fall food. There's nothing quite like a big bowl of soup on a chilly fall day, a warm beverage or some type of pumpkin dessert.
4. The makeup. I'll rock a dark lip like this one any day of the year but it feels a little more right in fall. Fall is the perfect time to start being slightly more dramatic with the makeup - add a some length to your winged liner, wear dark eye shadow, a smoky eye (in the day time!) or even falsies. Of course, you don't have to do all of this. Lately, I have gone a little more subtle on the eyes and more dramatic on the lips. I am especially loving this Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick from Stila. (If you saw my recent #momselfie on Instagram, this is the lipstick I was wearing with a gloss on top.) Also, the "stay all day" is no joke.
5. The accessories. I am obsessed with scarves and UGG boots. I love being able to easily dress up or change the look of an outfit with simply throwing on a scarf. And as for the UGG's, literally, every year for Christmas I ask for a new pair. I got these ones last year. Unfortunately, I already promised not to put them on my Amazon wish list this year. What was I thinking?
This year, I have added a new accessory to my fall must haves. I have gone a bit crazy for this Purpleheart & Mother of Pearl JORD wood watch. The color is perfect for fall and the wood gives it a rustic feel, also very fitting for the season. I admit, when I first saw "wood", I wasn't so sure that this would be for me. I am a girly girl through and through and I thought that a wood watch might be a little too masculine for me. But I had seen a few JORD wood watches on social media that I really liked and the more I saw them, the more I wanted one! Needless to say, when I got the opportunity, I jumped at the chance to own my own. I picked this particular watch because of the wood color and the swarovski crystals. I thought they added the perfect feminine touch for my style.
What are your fall favorites?