5 (Unconventional) Reasons I Love Being a Mom
Yes, yes, I know being a mom is challenging but I think any mom would agree that the good parts of being a mom far outweigh those challenges. There really is nothing like being a mom and I am beyond grateful that I am one! I could probably come up with a pretty long list of reasons why I love being a mom but I'll spare you and just list 5 and since you've probably heard them all before, I'll go with some "unconventional" reasons.
1) 10 minutes of sleep feels like 10 hours. It is wildly popular among moms to complain about being tired. And, you better believe I join the chorus. However, if I'm being honest, although I sleep a lot less since becoming a mom, I sleep pretty darn good. I can literally fall into a deep sleep instantly and no matter how much time has passed it feels like I slept a lifetime!
2) I can blame my weight problems on my child. Ok, so, I think I probably have to get off this train now that my son is almost two but its been a good ride. If you have any other suggestions on who I can blame (other than myself, of course), please do let me know!
3) Mom brain is an acceptable excuse for pretty much anything. Sorry, I didn't text you back... mom brain! Whoops, I forgot to go to that thing I didn't really want to go to anyway ... mom brain! Did I miss the deadline? Mom brain!
4) It's my "job" to play, sing and dance. All. day. long. I mean, seriously, sure I only get paid in hugs and kisses, and my boss can be a bit of a tyrant at times, but the singing and dancing alone is basically a dream come true.
5) I can order from the kids menu and look practical when really I just wanted a grilled cheese sandwich. I really like grilled cheese sandwiches.
What do you love about being a mom?